Perfect for differentiating, these 15 bracelets span the Pre-Primer to 3rd grade Dolch lists! Each bracelet in this no-grading-required homework lists all of the sight words of a particular high-frequency word list and includes QR codes which link to fun Dolch sight word videos for home practice! Kindergarteners can wear the bracelets home or teachers can attach them to their backpacks or folders. No more lost flashcards! This low-prep, age-appropriate Kindergarten homework is great for strengthening the connection and communication between school and home, and it empowers parents to help their children master new words.
♥This is part of my MEGA Kindergarten Homework BUNDLE (with 164+ bracelets)
Why do TEACHERS love this Kindergarten Sight Word Homework Bundle?
1. The QR code bracelets allow for easy differentiation. Give each student bracelets based on their sight word remediation and extension needs, or give the entire class the same bracelet as homework to preview or review words.
2. Students spend extra time at home working on sight words (because, let's face it, there is never enough time at school), and practicing new words in various contexts helps students better retain them.
3. Parents are kept in the know about what their child is learning without time-consuming daily/weekly newsletters. Easily up the school-home connection and communication!
Why do PARENTS love these bracelets?
1. They know exactly what their child is learning.
2. They no longer feel like they don't know how to help their child. The educational videos empower them with a specific (and fun) way to support their child.
3. The homework is short, meaningful, and developmentally appropriate for their Kindergarten-aged child.
But do STUDENTS actually like and want to do this homework?
1. Kindergarteners love showing off things they can do! How many times has a kiddo exclaimed, "Mom, Dad, watch me!" before doing something new they just figured out how to do? (Cannonballing into the pool, spinning in a circle, throwing a stick...) This excitement applies to things they learn at school too, and the simple family activities in this homework allow them to shine!
2. Watching the review videos together encourages positive interactions between child and parent, and is there anything a kiddo loves more than quality time with their parent? :)
Now, when the parent asks, “What did you learn at school today?” the child can proudly share and practice their new learning!
Parent directions print on the back of the bracelets in English and/or Spanish.
The videos linked by QR codes are in English.
All 242 High Frequency Dolch Words Included on the 15 bracelets.
Pre-Primer: 4 bracelets (with different videos)
Primer: 3 bracelets (with different videos)
Grade 1: 3 bracelets (with different videos)
Grade 2: 3 bracelets (with different videos)
Grade 3: 2 bracelets (with different videos)
*Note: If you have a favorite sight word video that you'd like linked to a bracelet, please let me know by using the "Ask a Question" tab! :)
Simply print the color or black/white paper bracelets (the parent directions print on the back), and tape/glue/staple the paper band around the students' wrists or to their backpacks or folders.
You may wish to circle or highlight words that have proved difficult for individual students to help parents know which words need extra attention. If you use these bracelets repeatedly, each time marking the difficult words, parents and students will SEE the learning taking place as fewer words are marked each time! This is very motivating for students!
Let students know that you have a special video for them to watch at home about the sight words they are learning, and they can show off their new reading skills to their families by reading their bracelet to them after school!
Students will excitedly present the bracelets to their parents to scan with their Smartphone, tablet, or iPad. Students will watch the sight word video and then read the sight words on their bracelet. Students can also practice by turning off the sound on the video and reading the words without the audio support. Encourage students and parents to mark the challenging words and keep the bracelets on the fridge or in a folder for continual review at home.
These Dolch Bracelets link to educational YouTube videos using QR codes. If you plan to use these bracelets at school (rather than students' homes), please download the preview to test that the QR codes open on your school device (and on school WiFi) before purchasing. This is because some districts block YouTube, but it won't be an issue if parents use their own devices to access the videos at home. I value your time!***
To easily download a FREE QR Code Reader
from the App Store (for iPhones & iPads) or Google Play (for Android phones and tablets), just search the phrase, “QR Code Reader” and choose the QR scanner you’d like. I personally use “QR Code Reader” on my Android and “QR Reader” on my iPad & iPhone. Both apps work well for me, but any free QR scanner will work!
Find a list of all the learning bracelets for ELA, Math, Science, & Social Studies (including free samples!) on my
✓Kindergarten Homework Bracelets BUNDLE
Copyright 2014, Amber Genzink, Teachering. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted to copy pages specifically designed for student or teacher use by the original purchaser or licensee. The reproduction or distribution of any other part of this product is strictly prohibited. At the time of purchase, additional copies of products can be purchased at half price at my Teachers Pay Teachers store for sharing with others. Duplicating any part of this product and placing it on the Internet in any form (even a personal/classroom website) is strictly forbidden. This would make the product available on the Internet, free of charge, and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Thank you for respecting my time and work. I appreciate your business and support!