Dolch Sight Words:
110 Basic Sight Words
95 Common Nouns
Red Squares: 1 -2 Letter words
Purple Squares: 3 Letter words
Yellow Squares: 4 Letter words
Blue Squares: 4 and 5 letter words
Orange Squares: 6 or more letter words
Green Squares: Teacher's Choice
Pink Squares: Lose A Turn
Rainbow Square: This is the last square before winning student must pull a card
____________from all colors and read the word to pass this square in order to win.
Candy Squares: This is a rest square no word needs to be read if a student lands on.
1. This is a standard board game students roll a die and pull a card according to the color square he or she lands on.
2. The teacher will recycle the cards - if students run out of cards for any one set of color squares.
3. If a student can’t read the card the teacher will help them sound out the word. Student loses a turn.
4. To win student must cross the finish line. However, the only way they can do that is by reading one word from each of the color piles. (6 words total - 5 colors and one teacher choice)
5. If any words in the pile are above your students’ level remove the card or cards and continue to play as normal.
6. If you must remove all of one color than make that color- ‘ a teacher’s choice color’ .
If you find a better way to play it please contact me via TeacherpayingTeachers.com and I will add it to