I have taken the Dolch pre-primer set of words and broken them down into smaller 5 word lists, into racecar track games. I use Learning Resources Minimotors Counters (small 2" rubber vehicles) but any toy car that is 2" or less would also work.
How to play:
- students pick the color of vehicle they will be
- roll a die, count the number of spaces.
- if you land on a word, say the word correctly, then use a bingo dabber and cover the word on the word strip.
- first student to land on / dab all 5 words wins
- award ribbons are also included once students master a list of words
Note - two racecar files are included:
1 - 2 page spread of regular 8 1/2 x 11 paper, you'll have to trim and tape together
2 - ledger sized file, you can have printed off at a local office supply store if you want to save time or just want them printed on one large page.