The 40 pre-primer words have been broken down into 4 leveled groups of words, each with the same games, but with a different set of 10 pre-primer words. Choose the level that is right for each student in your class.
Pre-primer List 1 (cat): a, and, can, go, I, in, is, it, the, to
Pre-primer List 2 (bird): big, for m,e not, one, red, run, see, up we
Pre-primer List 3 (dog): blue, come down, jump, little, look, my, play, said, two
Pre-primer List 4 (lion): away, find, funny, help, here, make, three, where, yellow, you
Smaller lists of 10 words are assigned an animal image to make it easy for students to recognize the games at their level if you choose to put out all 4 levels of games.
How to play:
1. Each student picks 10 same coloured cubes, chips, bears or other marker pieces.
2. Student spins spinner, or rolls the die.
3. Student matches up the picture on the spinner and reads the word out-loud.
(If you’ve purchased the “Touch & Hear” product, they can use this to hear the
word read out loud to them)
4. If the student reads the word correctly, they can place a cube or chip over a word.
5. Students take turns playing game.
6. First student to get rid of their 10 pieces (by placing them over words) wins.