PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Teach students about famous Hispanic people and famous women in history with this Dolores Huerta reading comprehension and civil rights reading passage. This activity uses 1 song that can be accessed on YouTube or TPT for students to listen to as a part of the activity.
Listen to the song in the preview!
This activity includes:
- the song lyrics
- a list of multiple-choice comprehension questions with the answer key
- a multiple-choice context clues activity for defining vocabulary words with the answer key
- a timeline activity with a graphic organizer
- a sequential paragraph activity that utilizes the timeline
How to use this resource:
- Students will preview the comprehension questions on pages 1 and 2 then listen to the song while following along with the lyrics on pages 3 and 4.
- Next, students will answer the questions on pages 1 and 2.
- Students will then complete the context clues, timeline, and sequential paragraph activities on the following pages.
- The answer key for pages 1, 2, 5, and 6 are located on pages 9, 10, 11, and 12.
You may also like:
*Leave a review if you liked our product.*
Copyright © 2018 Rap Opera for Kids. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Images and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.
*Photo By US Department of Labor - Labor Hall of Honor & the Cesar Chavez Memorial Auditorium Uploaded by Labor reporter, CC BY 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=18883132