Let learning span across content areas with these fun dolphin activities for kindergarten and first grade! This mini-unit covers science, math, reading, writing and art. It also includes a lesson plan and teaching guides just for you. Click on the PREVIEW to learn more!
- One cross-curricular lesson plan with separate guides for completing the activities over two, three, four and five days
- Science, math, reading, writing and art activities and printables
- List of fiction and nonfiction dolphin books
- QR codes and links to videos
- Answer keys
- Writing options with and without handwriting lines
Tell Me More About the Activities!
Here are the specific activities included:
- Are Dolphins Fish? traits of mammals and fish
- Echolocation activity
Addition and subtraction on a number line within 10 and 20
- Letter D sound /d/
- /ph/ digraph
- cvc words that begin with P (pod, pot, pet, pen, pan)
- Are Dolphins Fish?
- A Day with Dolphins
- Dear Dolphin Trainer
Dolphin Tissue Paper Art Project
- Know-Wonder-Learn template
- Handwriting sheet
- Class graph labels
How Does This Differ from Your Other Units?
My week-long units are cross-curricular as well, but they contain detailed daily lesson plans for each day of the week. This resource contains one lesson plan, but it's packed full of ideas that can span more than one day. I've included guides for stretching the lesson plan activities over two, three, four and five days.
Other Ocean Units
Questions? Please feel free to click on the "Product Q & A" tab to contact me here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org