This is a simple yet effective game of dominoes in French that will allow your students to practice vocabulary on professions .
1. Divide your students into pairs.
2. Give each pair a set of 12 domino cards.
3. Each pair distributes cards evenly (6 cards per student).
4. The youngest student in each pair starts the game by putting down a card of his/her choice.
5. His/her partner finds and places a matching card to the first card.
6. If the student does not have a matching card, he/she passes his/her turn and his/her partner gets to go again.
7. The first student to place all his/her 6 cards wins.
Other game options:
1. Put students into groups of four. Give each group a set of 12 domino cards. Have them put the cards, face down. Designate a student who will pick a card from the stack, read the description, have other 3 students in his/her team guess the word. Whoever guesses the word first gets the card. The student with the most cards wins.
2. Same as above, except the designated student has to describe the word so others could guess it.
1. Laminate cards for durability
2. Have students cut the cards for homework to save you some time :)
Your feedback would be greatly appreciated and it will earn you some TpT store credit that you can use for your future purchases :)