Here's another companion activity to the classic game Don't Break the Ice by Hasbro. Students improve their receptive and expressive verb skills by by describing winter actions while playing this popular game. This game is also great for working on:
*pronouns he and she
*vocabulary: winter sports equipment
*describing object function
*identifying objects based on feature, function or category
This set includes:
* 22 winter verb pictures printed on 32 ice block-sized cards
* 10 winter object cards (ice block size)
* 22 winter verb picture game cards
* 10 object function picture game cards
* 28 clue cards for identifying pictures based on function, category and features.
This set does NOT include the Don't Break the Ice Game by Hasbro. You must purchase the game separately.
Prior to setting up the game, attach one small picture card to each small ice block. Place the ice blocks in the frame. Select either the vocabulary game cards or the attribute game cards, and place them in a pile facedown on the table. Players take turns turning over a card and tapping the matching ice block until it falls. Play continues until all the ice breaks.
This activity is a wonderful complement to my Snow Day Slam! game, which features the same graphics and target goals.