Start the new school year off with a bang with this fun set of Doodle and Do activities! Students will doodle their way through the first days of school with 5 different doodle note activities. Designed to instantly engage students, this set of back to school activities will have your students excited about learning!
In this Doodle and Do resource, you’ll find 5 different doodley back to school activities:
• Doodle Name Tags:
There’s a set of 4 different doodle name tags in 2 different styles (desk plates and tri-fold name tags). Students can choose a fun doodle name tag and design one for their desks! Super fun!
• Class Doodle Notes:
Teach students about important procedures and expectations in your classroom with the class doodle notes. There are 3 versions of doodle notes in this resource so that you can use the notes that works best for your setting. You’ll instantly engage students as they fill in notes and doodle about the class schedule, expectations, rules, and policies!
• Doodle Mini-Book:
Your students will love this doodle mini-book. It’s an “A Little Bit About Me” mini-book with a doodley twist! There are 2 versions available for younger or older students. Once you choose the version that is best for your students, they’ll create a mini-book and fill it with information about themselves.
• Doodle Hunt:
Here’s a super fun “Get to Know You” activity that students will complete with classmates. Instead of collecting facts about their peers, they’ll collect doodles! Students will rotate around the classroom and gather doodles from their classmates. So cool!
• Doodle Goal Setting and Bulletin Board:
This is a super awesome element of this resource! The start of a new school year is the perfect time to help students set goals, and this activity does just that! First students will complete goal setting guides as they write academic and social goals. Then, they’ll write their goals on puzzle pieces that fit inside a doodle light bulb shape. Finally, you can display students’ creations under a banner or poster that says “Our Future is Bright.” Of course, there’s tons of options for you too, there’s 2 different light bulb sizes, 2 banner sizes, and even a poster!
This Doodle and Do Back to School Activities pack includes:
• Detailed lesson plans (7 pages)
• Doodle Name Tags (desktop version) – 4 varieties
• Doodle Name Tags (tri-fold version) – 4 varieties
• Class Doodle Notes – 3 versions: Elementary, Middle School, and Blank
• How to Create a Mini-Book directions handout
• A Little Bit About Me – Mini-Book – 2 versions (one for younger students and one for older students)
• Get To Know You – Doodle Hunt – 2 pages
• Doodle Goal Setting Guide (larger version – 2 pages)
• Doodle Goal Setting Guide (smaller version – 1 page)
• Doodle Lightbulb (large version)
• Doodle Lightbulb (small version)
• Bulletin Board Signs: Large banner, small banner, and poster
Other Doodle and Do Resources…
Daily Doodle Vocabulary
- Doodle all year long and learn 160 new words! Versions for grades 6-8 and grades 3-5 available.
Doodle and Do Reading Skills Bundle!
- Making Inferences, Finding the Main Idea, Fact & Opinion, Sequencing, and Summarizing
5 Nonfiction Text Structure Mini-Units
- Problem/Solution, Compare and Contrast, Descriptive, Chronological Order, and Cause and Effect
How to Study for a Test
Doodle Notes and 5 Learning Stations
Writing Responses with Text-Based Evidence
Doodle Notes and 5 Learning Stations
You may also like:
120 Daily ELA Warm-Ups!
- Students choose to do the “this” or the “that” warm-up each day!
Narrative Writing Unit
- Great unit to start the year!
Poetry Writing Unit
- 11-Day Poetry Study and Writing Unit
101 Writing Prompts
- Students choose which creative prompt they would like to respond to.
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Brain Waves Instruction