Dora & the Lost City of Gold Spanish movie - Spanish sub plans
- Google Drive™ folder
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This Spanish Editable Movie Guide bundle includes 14 editable Google doc movie guides for Spanish class. The differentiated options of questions in both Spanish & English mean you could use variations of the Spanish class movie guides with all levels of Spanish you teach all year and especiallyPrice $39.99Original Price $67.93Save $27.94
This Dora & the Lost City of Gold (Dora y la ciudad perdida) movie guide is designed for Spanish students while watching the full-length feature film Dora in Spanish class. The differentiated options mean you could use variations of this one guide with all levels you teach. The movie would be the perfect complement to a study of Peru, the indigenous people of South America while emphasizing teamwork and courage. It would be a good complement to the film or Fluency Matters' Los Bakers van a Peru.
- Page 1 - a character description chart with space to draw characters
- Page 2 - 20 comprehension questions about the film in ENGLISH OR
- Page 3 - 20 comprehension questions about the film in SPANISH to fill out while watching. (Pick which set best fits your class level)
- Page 4 - 3 post-viewing discussion questions in SPANISH & character matching in novice SPANISH (The post-viewing sheet could be used as an assessment after watching the film).
- Keys for all four pages of the guide as included as well.
It would be perfect for Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, Spanish 4, exploratory Spanish, or a Latin American culture class.
This family-friendly live-action Dora movie is rated PG and can be found on DVD (make sure to get one with Spanish options if you want it!) or online with a film run time of 1 hour 35 minutes.
What audio and subtitles to use for the movie Dora?
As always, do what works best for your school and classes. *Make sure to check if these options exist before purchasing or renting. Here is what I would personally do:
- Spanish audio & Spanish subtitles - upper-level students
- Spanish audio & English subtitles - novice level students
- English audio - exploratory Spanish or culture class
This is an editable Google Drive resource!
What other Spanish teachers are saying
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Both my 6th graders and 8th graders loved watching the film (Dora) and using this guide. It was easy to follow along, especially with the Spanish & English options. - Maria D
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This is a good accountability activity for students who are watching the movie. It also is a great spring board to talk about Incan culture and Quechua! I think that students found it engaging in the sense that they were looking/listening for the answers to the questions, which is why I called it an “accountability” activity. However, it gave me good opportunities to talk about the movie highlights and also give them a “takeaway” from the movie. Gracias! :-) - Christina C (9th-11th grades)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I really love this resource! Very thorough and all the work is done for me. I love the ideas for extension activities. You could definitely make this a mini unit. Thank you for including the answer key. Can't wait to see the movie. - Fun with Spanish
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I appreciate the answer key, and options to have questions answered in Spanish or English. Following along with the questions helps to keep students engaged and on task. This would make a great emergency sub plan to have on hand, or would also be perfect during the mid-winter slump when kids (and teachers) need a break from the grind. Thank you for another excellent product, Allison. - Nicole S
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
✅ Interpretive Communication
✅ Presentational Communication
✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
✅ Cultural Comparisons
Bundle up for the best deals possible!
- Get the Movie Guide Bundle for this film plus Coco, Vivo, Ferdinand, Pachamama, El camino de Xico, Selena, Dora & the lost City of Gold, The Book of Life & Canela
Have difficulty with a file?
- This is a Google resource that will be found in your Drive in a folder called my purchases.
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- For more resources, read this Dora blog post
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.