NEW for 2017: Free tutorial video now embedded on the page! Scan the QR code to check for accuracy and understanding.
Have your students practice reading and creating both dot plots and line plots with this differentiated practice set. Go beyond generic reading graph questions to those regarding the distribution and shape of the data. From bell curves to skewed left or right, your students will practice identifying statistical elements in the various graphs provided. A mixture of multiple response, true-false and fill-in-the-blank questioning makes this a truly powerful practice set.
Here's how Actis Standard practice sheets differ from anything else you will find:
1. Differentiated practice with two levels of difficulty for each objective.
2. Not overwhelming. Assignments are typically less than 10 questions (7 in each set for this topic) and fit on 1 or 2 pages (2 pages per set for this topic).
3. Each question addresses a different aspect of the objective. Students will see basic questions and word problems all in one assignment.
4. There is space to show work! No more attaching additional sheets to assignments. No more excuses from students why they can't communicate their thinking properly.
5. Answer keys with work! The answer keys are color coded with answers in red and the work in various other colors. Great for finding answers quickly, yet allowing students to figure out where they went wrong or how to communicate their thinking.
6. FREE tutorial videos for every practice! These videos walk through the “type 3” difficulty level practice sheets, providing the reasoning, work and answers for every question. Hosted on Teacher Tube, this provides a great resource for parents, students who were absent from class, or students that get stuck on the assignment at home. Eliminate excuses!
All Actis Standard assignments are custom created questions that go deeper than your typical drill-and-kill type of worksheet. I created these questions to address every nuance of the objective, which are rooted in the Common Core Standards. The practice is presented to students in a friendly non-intimidating, easy to read format. Space is provided for work and all of the answer keys are included! The answer keys even have work included to demonstrate the type of work your student should be producing. Practice tutorial videos are included for free!
As a teacher consultant for Smarter Balanced, I authored over 200 questions for the adaptive end-of-year standardized assessment, used across multiple states. I am well aware of what types of questions students will be asked on such tests and have assembled questions that will give your students the practice they need to be successful on such assessments. More importantly it will help them master the objectives you are teaching.