Dot the Letter
I created this product for both my struggling learners and my Non-Struggling learners.
Struggling Learners - focus and work through only 1 letter a page. They search and dot, they write and color pictures beginning with the letter sound.
Non- Struggling Learners - Use this activity as a warm-up/review. They enjoy the different activities, but especially the search and dot.
Included in this Product:
2 cover pages
26 capital letter pages
26 lowercase letter pages
1. Write Name
2. (Optional Step) Before beginning work on the work side, I have my students turn their paper over and write up to the letter they have.
Ex: If the letter they have is a, they just write a. If the letter they have is H they write up to H (ABCDEFGH). I do this because it gives students repetition and it support students retainment of writing their letters in order.
3. Search and Dot - students look for and dot only the focus letter for the page.
4. Trace and write the letter - I usually have students write 3 or 4 letters. I do this because it takes away from fast work and messy writing. If all they have to do is write the same letter 4 times, it lessens the sense of rushing that comes with a lot of students work.
5. color the pictures
What you will need:
2. crayons/color pencils/or markers ( I prefer crayons )
3. Bingo markers or Dauber markers
How you can Use:
1. You can choose to print out one page at a time and pass it out to students.
2. Make Work Books. You can make 1 capital set with the first cover page and a lowercase set with the second cover.
3. Make a combined capital and lowercase workbook and use only 1 of the cover sheets.
Looking Forward to Lighting up your Learning