Double-Double Scoot: Turning Word Problems in Algebraic Equations
Common Core Standards: 3.OA.8; 4.0A.1; 4.OA.2
• This game is designed to give students the opportunity to
practice both turning word problems into equations and solving word problems.
• Students roam the room turning as many word problems into equations (and solving the problems) as possible.
• They can work in teams of two, or alone… but it’s always a two-step process. They must write the equation correctly before they solve the problem.
• It’s a game of skill and chance. The more questions the student answers, the greater the chance he/she will have the “winning” bus ticket in his/her possession at the end of the game.
The game includes:
• Cover page
• Student directions
• Teacher information ( 2 pages)
• 30 word problems to be cut apart, laminated, and placed on students’ desks and other locations around the room.
• Student answer sheets ( 2 pages)
• Teacher answer key (2 pages)
• 30 Bus Tickets
As always- please feel free to contact me with, questions, concerns, or suggestions.
For more ideas and information about my games, please visit my blog "Granny Goes to School".
Granny Goes to School