This double entry journal for use as a reading activity for any novel is a GREAT way to assess students! We've included numerous ways for this journal to be utilized by giving students choices for not only the piece of literature they pick, but also for how they are asked to respond to the text. In an attempt to help students dive further into their analysis of the text, we've included sentence starts for them as well. This is an excellent (and fun!) way to have students work closely with a text. We've also included a rubric to make it easier for you to grade :)
**THIS RESOURCE IS A PART OF A LARGER BUNDLE. SAVE OVER 25% BY PURCHASING OUR READING RESOURCES BUNDLE**
We've been able to utilize this double entry journal in many different ways with our students. Here are some ideas for you:
- At the end of each chapter
- At the end of the novel students complete an entry on each character
- At the end of the week, students can complete an entry over the weekend on in class on Friday
- To be completed as homework in conjunction with a nightly reading
As you can see, there are many uses for a double entry journal! Please feel free to let us know how you make use of this resource!
INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE:
- 8 prompts for students to choose from
- 6 ideas to help prompt students in their response
- 23 different sentence starters
- Rubric with empty point values (so you can choose!) - NOW EDITABLE!!
YOU WILL ALSO LOVE:
- BEST SELLING READING RESPONSE CHOICE BOARD
- INFORMATIONAL TEXT READING RESPONSE CHOICE BOARD
- EMERGENCY SUB LESSON PLANS FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for sales and all things Middle School ELA!