Also included in
- These reading response activities include many of our best selling items! These resources will be incredible additions to your language arts classroom! Perfect for grades 5+ (but ideal for the middle school and high school classroom)!SAVE ON OUR BEST-SELLING RESOURCES BY PURCHASING THIS BUNDLE!RESOU$36.20$45.25Save $9.05
- This Reading Resources Bundle for your Middle School students is PERFECT for use with any literary unit! We've bundled some of our BEST-SELLING and most popular resources at a fraction of the cost. Purchasing this bundle saves you 20% off!All six resources included are no-prep! Simply print and begi$17.20$21.50Save $4.30
- If you're looking for digital reading and writing activities that are going to have your students producing high-quality work while also keeping them engaged and excited about learning - THIS BUNDLE IS IT!These completely digital reading and writing activities were adapted specifically to help you a$60.00$79.50Save $19.50
This double entry journal for use as a reading activity for any novel comes in a DIGITAL and PRINT version (so it's easily usable for distance learning) and is a GREAT way to assess students! We've included numerous ways for this journal to be utilized by giving students choices for not only the piece of literature they pick, but also for how they are asked to respond to the text. In an attempt to help students dive further into their analysis of the text, we've included sentence starts for them as well. This is an excellent (and fun!) way to have students work closely with a text. We've also included a rubric to make it easier for you to grade :)
**THIS RESOURCE IS A PART OF A LARGER BUNDLE. SAVE OVER 20% BY PURCHASING OUR READING RESOURCES BUNDLE**
We've been able to utilize this double entry journal in many different ways with our students. Here are some ideas for you:
- At the end of each chapter
- At the end of the novel students complete an entry on each character
- At the end of the week, students can complete an entry over the weekend on in class on Friday
- To be completed as homework in conjunction with a nightly reading
As you can see, there are many uses for a double entry journal! Please feel free to let us know how you make use of this resource!
INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE:
- 8 prompts for students to choose from
- 6 ideas to help prompt students in their response
- 23 different sentence starters
- EDITABLE and .PDF Rubric with empty point values (so you can choose!)
- DIGITAL VERSION, so you can easily use this resource in your Google Classroom™. Students can write directly into the Google Slides™ included. We've also added an editable rubric, so you can easily grade and make suggestions directly in the students' Google Slides™ should you wish to do so.
When using the digital version of this resource, please note that you can make as many copies of the slides as you would like. Simply have students duplicate the journal entry page for a new slide to write on. Then, you can also duplicate the rubric slide, so you can grade each journal entry separately! We like to have our students keep one digital double-entry journal per piece we are studying. When we start a new piece of literature, students can create a whole new digital double-entry journal!
YOU WILL ALSO LOVE: