This product reinforces the spelling pattern commonly referred to as the 1.1.1 rule.
Words of one syllable (1) ending in a single consonant (1) immediately preceded by a single vowel (1) double the consonant before a suffixal vowel (-ing, -ed) .
It is appropriate for first grade or as a review in second.
This product contains the following:
* a "mini" anchor poster (8.5 x 11)
* an organizer your students will use with dri-erase markers to practice words that do/do not follow this rule - perfect for whole group AND small group practice
* word cards so you don't have to think of them yourself :)
* 1 printable for additional practice
* 1 literacy center (contains anchor chart, word cards, and a recording sheet)
* 3 word strips for additional practice - perfect for pasting in an interactive notebook