This game was created to help students practice those tricky rules such as when a word ends with short vowel + consonant, to add "ing" or "ed", you need to double the last consonant.
Double the Consonant Game
"Hopping Around the Pond"
* This is a 2-4 player game
* 45 cards with words included
* 2 spinners
* 1 game board
* Rule reminder card.
* 4 Double It Up boards where students will record their answers.
HOW TO PLAY:
1) Spin the spinner or roll a dice to move.
2) If you land on a golden lily pad, you get to pick a card!
3) Read the word on the card.
4) Then, write the “ing” or “ed” word on the Double It Up board.
5)Have your partner check your word.
6)If it is spelled correctly, you get to keep the card as a point!
I use as a Literacy Center with my 1st graders :]