This unit provides extra practice and resources for adding doubles facts to 20: doubles, doubles + 1, and doubles + 2. It includes posters, interactive notebook pages, printables, and games. Here is what’s included:
These resources help students identify doubles and show doubles facts.
• Doubles Fact – poster (explains what a doubles fact is)
• Doubles Printables – 3 printables for students to write sums to doubles equations, one also includes writing an equation that represents a unifix cube picture.
• Interactive Notebook Page - Doubles Remind Me Of…. – students write a doubles fact under each flap to represent the picture
• Is it a Double? – a game where students sort cards with unifix cubes by deciding if the cubes represent a double or not a double. Then they write all of the doubles facts on a recording sheet.
• Doubles Facts Posters – posters for doubles facts to 20, has the doubles fact and an image that represents that fact.
Doubles + 1
These resources help students how a doubles fact can be used to find the sum of doubles + 1 facts.
• Doubles + 1 – poster (explains what a doubles + 1 fact is)
• Doubles + 1 Printables – 2 printables where students write and solve doubles + 1 facts
• Interactive Notebook Page – Doubles + 1 – Students write doubles + 1 equation that represents the counting cubes under each flap.
• Help Me Doubles! – a game where students match doubles and doubles + 1 puzzle pieces, then trace and solve the doubles + 1 facts on the recording sheet.
Doubles + 2
These resources help students understand that doubles + 2 facts can be found using related doubles facts.
• Doubles + 2 – poster (explains what a doubles + 2 fact is)
• Doubles + 2 Printables – 2 printables where students write and solve doubles + 2 facts
• Interactive Notebook Page – Doubles + 2 – Students color the counting cubes to show the parts, then glue that with the matching double and double + 2 pieces to complete each puzzle.
• Color by the Code – students solve each equation and color the picture by the doubles code (doubles, doubles +1, doubles + 2).
- This unit is also available in this bundle → Addition Facts to 20 ~ BUNDLE
Please download a free preview to see all that is included. Feel free to email me with any questions!
Over the 1st Grade Rainbow
You may also like:
Making 10 to Add - Facts to 20
Adding 3 Numbers
Five and Ten Relationships
Key Words: doubles plus one, doubles plus two, addition facts to 20