The focus of this packet is to help students understand how and when to double the final consonant of a word when adding the suffixes -ing, -ed, -er, and -est. This can be a tricky spelling rule for some students, so I hope you find these posters and worksheets to be beneficial!
• 2 posters with CVC and CCVC examples of the final consonant being doubled. These can be used as anchor charts to hang up in the classroom or printed out for each student to keep as a handy reference.
• “Match It!” activity
• Word Sort worksheet
• Read and Find the Correct Spelling worksheet
• Practice Adding Endings worksheet
• Find and Use the Correct Word
• “Let's Find the Mistakes!” reading activity (includes an answer key)
These worksheets would be a great supplement to your spelling and phonics program. They can be used in literacy centers, as individual work, as homework, or any way you see fit. Please view the "Preview" file to get a closer look! Thank you!
**If you're interested in my "Adding Suffixes -ing, -ed, -er to Silent 'e' Words" packet, please click below:
Adding Suffixes -ing, -ed, -er to Silent “e” Words