These FREE reproducible sheets cover homophones, vocabulary, thinking skills, creative writing, basic math, arts & crafts, songs, games, riddles, and more!
They are in BOOKLET form, but you can visit my website for INDIVIDUAL reproducible sheets or to request black & white pages without artwork on them: http://www.deeleone.com/
The pages feature dragons, knights, cooking, and other items related to my children's picture book DOUGH KNIGHTS AND DRAGONS (Sterling Children's Books, October 2017). However, it's not necessary to read the book to complete the activity sheets.
To see a book trailer, visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXjtV1jWkOM
CONTENTS OF THE KIT:
• A-maze-ing Arena (Maze)
• Baked Goods Shake Up (Scrambled Words)
• Beginning and End Maps (Find the Differences)
• Count the Doughnuts (Math)
• Create a Coat of Arms (Art)
• Crossword Fun (Vocabulary)
• Design a Doughnut (Art)
• Dessert Match Up (Observation)
• Doughnut Rings (Homophones)
• Festive Food Fight (Games)
• Happily Ever After (Alphabetical Order)
• The Knightly News (Writing)
• Medieval Math (Addition + Subtraction Facts)
• Night Knight (Homophones)
• Paper Plate Crafts (Art)
• Recipe for a Friendship (Writing)
• Once Upon a Rhyme Time (Rhyming)
• Royal Riddles (Thinking Skills)
• Simmering Search (Vocabulary Word Search)
• Sir Laughs-a-Lot (Thinking Skills)
• Storybook Scramble (Scrambled Words)
• Story Songs (Music)
• Tic Tac Dough (Rhyming)
• Keys to the Kingdom (Answer Key)
DOUGH KNIGHTS AND DRAGONS by Dee Leone
In the book, a knight and dragon meet serendipitously and instantly bond over their love of baking. But, accordingly to law, the two secret friends are required to duel in an upcoming tournament. If the unlikely pair can't cook up a plan to save their friendship, somebody's going to fry!
Kids will devour this scrumptiously clever tale which is sure to make them hunger for more books.
The story can be used to discuss creative problem solving as well as the possibility of making friends irregardless of shape, size, or other differences.