This biography and related activities encourages students to think more deeply about the life of Martin Luther King, Jr. Students read the three-page text, create a related timeline, explore causes and effects, and interpret some of his most famous quotes.
To support classroom, hybrid, and distance learning, this resource is included as a printable PDF or interactive Easel Activities.
- Biography - A three-page text chronicles the life of MLK from 1929 to 1968.
- Timeline – Three options are available: (1) fill-in-the-blank, (2) cut and paste, or (3) create a double timeline of his life and related events in American history. The third option acts as a springboard for discussion of how history impacted King’s life and how his life altered the course of history.
- Causes and Effects - Students match events with their effects.
- Messages from Dr. King - Two options are included: (1) read and interpret Dr. King’s quotes independently or (2) discuss one quote in a group and report back to the class.
- Happy Birthday Poster - Use this in your classroom or school to celebrate the birthday of Martin Luther King, Junior.
- Happy Birthday Card - Students can write their own messages inside this foldable card.
- Themed Writing Paper - Do you have an idea for a writing activity in your classroom? Give student products a polished look with this themed stationery.
Open the preview to see all pages. You can use them for Martin Luther King Day, Civil Rights Day, Black History Month, or anytime!
Would you like to know when I post more resources? Simply follow me on TpT.
I'm committed to continual improvement. This resource was updated on November 17, 2020.