Have your students watch the free video Lit Kid's Produced of the book "A Picture Book of Martin Luther King Jr." (HERE'S THE URL: https://youtu.be/05wULGRLSd8). Then have your students complete this "I have a dream" timeline worksheet during or after the video. Great activity to honor MLK Day!
WHAT'S UNIQUE ABOUT THIS LEARNING TOOL?
Far more than worksheets; this tool is ONE of FIVE activities from the MLK Day Learning Kit and incorporates interactive media technology with the worksheet!
• At each stage of learning there is an engaging video paired with the worksheet
• The professional videos are colorful with tasteful and related sound and visual
effects. Students will love the white board animation elements.
• The videos are hosted by a charming girl who carefully narrates and walks
learners through each learning phase.
• Each video is paired with a critical thinking worksheet the students complete
during or after the video presentation.
• Each worksheet specifically spells out what Common Core strands it is aligned
• Lesson Plan with Specific Common Core strand key
• Video 1 “A Picture Book of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.” by David A. Adler read
aloud. Perfect for engaging learners.
*****Here's the URL to the Video: https://youtu.be/05wULGRLSd8
• Time Line Worksheet keyed to video 1
WHAT COMMON CORE STANDARDS ARE ALIGNED?
*** The entire 10 piece set set (5 videos and 5 worksheets) covers all of the common core standards listed below:
Reading Literature, Reading Information, Writing, Speaking and Listening
RL 2.3, RL 2.6; , RL 2.8 RI 3.2.; RL 3.1., RL 3.3, RL 4.1 RL 4.2; RL 4.3, RL 4.5, W 2.1 ,W 3.1.b, W 3.1.c, W 4.1.b, W 4.1.c; RL 2.1, RL 2.6, RL2.8; RL3.1; RL 3.2; RL 3.4; RL 3.6; RL 3.7; RL 3.8; RL 4.1; RL 4.3; RL 4.5; RL 4.7; RL 2.1, RL 2.6, RL 2.8; RL 3.1; RL 3.2; RL 3.4; RL 3.6; RL 3.7; RL 3.8; RL 4.1; RL 4.3; RL 4.5; RL 4.7 SL 2.5; SL 3.1.d.; SL 3.5; SL 4.1.d; SL 4.5
RL 2.3; RL 2.5; RL 2.7; RL 3.1-3; RL 4.1 - 3
WHAT LEARNING THEORY IS THIS TOOL BASED ON?
This 10 piece set (5 Videos and 5 Worksheets) us the Constructivism 5 E model; (1) engage, (2) explore, (3) explain, (4) extend and (5) evaluate. Because this learning theory allows students to share their own unique experience, it perfectly compliments Dr. King’s legacy of unifying people from diverse backgrounds.
We think it’s a great way for students to make meaningful connections between their personal lives and the enduring legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King’s life such as peace, appreciation for diversity and national unity.
Lit. Kids is a daughter and father team creating engaging learning videos.
VISIT US @
CONTACT US @