Are you looking for a comprehensive unit to highlight Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s work? Do you struggle to find enough time in your day to teach Social Studies? Do you love mentor sentences, but wish you had a little more language arts support?
Social Studies Pop-Ups help you fit it all in! These units integrate specific social studies concepts, close reading, comprehension activities, mentor sentences, and more! Your students will L-O-V-E the mentor texts for each week and your days will move seamlessly from literacy to content area instruction.
This unit centers on the mentor text .
Within this unit you will find:
- 5 days of mentor sentence lessons and activities
- differentiated language arts skill pages (focus: similes, review: adjectives and adverbs)
- an original poem, "To Live Like Dr. King" with corresponding fluency rubric and activities
- I Have, Who Has: Similes (includes a differentiated version with similes already highlighted)
- "I Have a Dream" writing craft
- poetry flip booklets
- an original informational close reading passage (Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.)
- 6 differentiated comprehension and vocabulary activities connected to the close reading passage
- assessments for language arts (similes & adverbs/adjectives) and close reading
If you have any questions prior to purchasing, please don't hesitate to ask via the Q&A tab, OR you can email me at email@example.com !
If you're looking for more Social Studies Pop-Ups, be sure to check out: