Theodor Seuss Geisel and the Famous Cat is a biography about the famous children's book author and illustrator best known as Dr. Seuss. The two page selection and ten multiple choice questions are a great way for children to practice these reading comprehension skills:
* Locate Facts and Details TEKS 3.2B
* Vocabulary in Context TEKS 3.4B
* Vocabulary Synonyms TEKS 3.4C
* Main Idea TEKS 3.13A
* Drawing Conclusions from the text TEKS 3.13B
* Cause and Effect TEKS 3.13 C
* Analyze words, images, and graphics TEKS 3.16
* Authors Purpose TEKS 3.9
* Making Inferences and Predictions Figure 19 D
This reading passage is formatted like the Texas STAAR Assessment.
An Answer Document and Answer Key are included.
This is a great lesson to present on March 2nd, in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday which is now celebrated as Read Across America Day, an initiative on reading created by the National Education Association.