Also included in
- This bundle includes 5 breathing activities:Butterfly BreathsDragon BreathsOwl BreathsRainbow BreathsBroom BreathsThese printable sets includes a poster, prompt card, full instructional intro script for each exercise and mindful colouring pages.I hand drew and painted the watercolour image which act$5.00$7.50Save $2.50
Dragon Breaths is a fun and engaging mindful breathing activity, which can help release the fire in our bellies. When we practice deep belly breathing we trigger our parasympathetic nervous system also known as our relaxation response, helping us to move away from the stress response. However, with children its important to practice regularly when they are calm with fun and engaging breathing activities, so that using their breath becomes a healthy habit and a life long life skill.
Dragon Breaths affirmation: I am Energetic like a Dragon
Dragon Breaths Rhyme: Breathe like a fierce dragon, it will do you no harm. Release the fire in your belly and conquer the castle of calm.
Check out my Dragon Breaths Blog Post here with book and craft ideas to accompany this activity.
Audio guide: Liston to the audio guide for introducing Dragon Breaths here.
- Dragon Breaths Card and Instructions
- Dragon Breaths Intro Script
- Dragon Breaths Poster
- Dragon Affirmation Poster
- Dragon Breaths Rhyme Poster
- Mindful Colouring / Activity Worksheet
Why Teach and Practice Mindful Breathing:
When you practice mindful breathing you are using your breath and senses to develop your attention and focus skills, which can have lots of benefits at home and in the classroom. It is also a great coping skill for learning to manage our emotions and helps to elicit the relaxation response and a feeling of calm.
Ways to Use:
✪ At home with your children
✪ In a Calm Corner or Zen Den
✪ As part of story time or craft with a related theme
✪ Include in a topic about mythical creatures
✪ Counselling office or classroom decor
Check out more breathing exercises, collect them all:
- Buzzy Bee Mindful Breathing Exercise (Free)
- Balloon Breaths Mindful Breathing Exercise (Free)
- Birthday Cake Breaths Mindful Breathing Exercise (Free)
- Hot Chocolate Breaths
- Butterfly Breaths
- Lion Breaths
- Rocket Ship Breaths
- Race Track Breaths
Let’s Connect! Join my facebook group Little Well Beings :)
Sign up for my newsletter and you will receive news on my up and coming new resources, videos and training.
Click the ★green star★ at the top of my store to follow me :)
By purchasing and/or downloading this electronic file, you agree to the following terms. For personal use/single classroom use only. No part of this document may be distributed, posted on the internet, copied, edited, or resold. ALL contents of this document are under copyright protection including all content, text, fonts, and graphics, Thank you.
If you have any questions about this product, you can reach out to me (Emma) at: email@example.com - I would love to help!