Dragon Gets By - This book study is common core aligned and includes vocabulary, comprehension, language, and writing activities all related to the story Dragon Gets By "Shopping", by Dav Pilkey. It also includes a food guide pyramid and food sorting cards perfect for building background and incorporating science. They make a great addition to any science center.
This resource contains the following:
- "Find A Friend Who" Prereading Activity
- Dav Pilkey Website Search
- Vocabulary Flashcards
- Vocabulary Graphic Organizers
- Vocabulary Assessment
- Discussion / Comprehension Questions
- Food Guide Pyramid Poster
- Food / Food Groups Sorting Cards
- Food Groups Printable
- Opinion Graphic Organizer and Writing Prompt
- Story Structure Assessment
- How Characters Respond to Major Events Graphic Organizer
- Food Guide Pyramid Informational Writing Prompt
- "Dragon's Shopping List" Writing Prompt
- Subject / Predicate Sorting Cards
- Sentence / Sentence Fragment Assessment
- Comprehension Exit Slips
Be sure to download the preview to get a closer look. More book studies to accompany the Houghton Mifflin Reading Series are coming soon!
To see my Silly Stories Bundle containing Dragon Gets By, Julius, and Mrs. Brown Went to Town, click here
To see my other Book Studies click here
Assess your students' understanding of any novel or story using my Comprehension Exit Slips. To check them out, just click here
Thanks for looking!