PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This unit is centred around the conceptual unit of Friendship and was originally developed for an advanced grade 3 class. However, using the modified version of Blooms Taxonomy created differentiated entry points thus allowing relevance for students from grade 3 up to early middle school. For younger children I would recommend that the book is read to them, while older children would enjoy reading the novel independently. It is also ideal for small group book studies or independent learning. The Habit of Mind of Working Interdependently is emphasised throughout this unit.
This lesson series is designed for 12 lessons over 4 weeks, though it can be adapted to a longer or shorter time frame. Explicit lessons plans are provided for the first four lessons, and they could be used on their own.
Included in this lesson pack are:
· An investigative question with a sub question for each week
· Whole unit overview including learning objectives for support, core and extension students
· Pre and summative assessments
· Detailed Blooms matrix for Lessons 1-4
· Detailed lesson plans for Lessons 1-4
· A suggestion of a range of multiple intelligence activities for your students based upon Dragon Rider.
I hope your students enjoy it as much as mine have.