Engage your students with this unique and exciting literacy and media unit based off the Canadian TV series Dragon's Den, (with the same premise as the U.S. show Shark Tank). In this unit, students work in groups to create an innovative product, and give a business pitch to the "dragons".
Students learn about:
- Oral persuasion techniques
- How to make a strong product idea
- Cultural business etiquettes
- How to create media texts
This unit takes an international perspective, requiring students to role-play being entrepreneurs in different countries. The unit works towards a culminating task in which students are each assigned a role, and must present their innovative product to the "Dragons".
This resource is complete with:
- 7 three-part lesson plans (minds-on, action and consolidation)
- Daily assessments
- Learning goals and success criteria
- Links to presentations and videos
- Tips for differentiation are provided throughout
This unit is tailored to the Ontario Grade 7 curriculum, but could interchangeably be used for grades 5 - 8.
If you enjoy this resource, please feel free to LEAVE A REVIEW. You can find my other resources such as Supply Teacher Kits, While You Were Out Sub Forms, and Critical Literacy Student Handout Freebie on my store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Little-Miss-L