THIS PRODUCT IS MEANT TO BE USED AFTER READING THE BOOK.
Note: These puzzles are fun but challenging. Teachers may want to insert letter hints before copying, allow extra time, or have students work in pairs.
Each of these QUOTEFALLS contains a quotation from DRAGONWINGS. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters into the puzzle grid, using a process of elimination.
QUOTEFALLS require students to use their knowledge of the book, along with their knowledge of spelling, phonics, vocabulary, and language! Students love these puzzles!
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW TO SEE A SAMPLE PUZZLE!
QUOTEFALLS for middle school:
* Across Five Aprils
* Farewell to Manzanar
* The Giver
* The Hunger Games
* Light in the Forest
* The Miracle Worker & Helen Keller
* My Brother Sam Is Dead
* Nothing But the Truth
* The Outsiders
* Romeo and Juliet
* Walk Two Moons
Here are my unique products over DRAGONWINGS. Perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them all in my store!
• DRAGONWINGS: 10 Quotefall Puzzles—Good Spelling Workout! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• DRAGONWINGS: Analogy Vocabulary Crossword—Challenging & Fun! Students complete analogies containing challenging words. Good practice!
• DRAGONWINGS: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• Bookmarks Plus: DRAGONWINGS—A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!