Drama Lesson| Christmas Creative Writing Monologue
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- 20% OFF! This bundle of four drama lessons (135 pages) can help the busy teacher--two beginning play writing lessons on monologues, costume design for the Nutcracker Ballet and a lesson about A Christmas Story, the Broadway musical. Let me help you. Here's a quick description of each one:CHRISTMASPrice $14.40Original Price $18.00Save $3.60
- SAVE 20% Got some blossoming writers in your class? You know the ones--they love to write and show you their work all the time. Try beginning playwriting with them! Teach writing, voicing, characterization and nearly everything else a writer needs. These lessons, though similar to one another, teaPrice $23.79Original Price $29.74Save $5.95
This lesson focuses on a play-writing exercise--the monologue and beginning acting. Students select a object indicative of Christmas which the teacher provides from this lesson and write a monologue speaking as the object. Then, they design the object and perform their monologue. Students don't even realize they are studying play-writing.
It's such fun!
This lesson was created for a creative dramatics, introduction to theater or creative writing class in Language Arts.
If you are hosting an open house for your students' parents, this would be a nice performance for them to see.
The product includes:
- Letter to teacher with directions for the lesson
- Teacher's script-what I say and how I say it
- Three design pages
- Lined paper for the monologue
- Monologue example
- Extension Activities
Comprehensive? You bet!
Created and implemented by an award winning, veteran drama teacher of thirty-eight years.
Reviews of Dramamommaspeaks Products:
"WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS."
"This resource is a fantastic way to tie Social Studies into reading! Thank you!"
Costume Designs with Fairy Tales
"How interesting, informative, and creative. Thank you for creating this project. It will definitely be helpful."
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
For more Dramamommaspeaks products, go to: Dramamommaspeaks
Check out these products:
Costume Design with Fairy Tale Characters