Also included in
- SAVE 20%! This bundle contains SEVEN different lessons on costume design and gives your students an opportunity to study costume design and to be costume designers. These are great for the busy teacher. I've put it all together for you! These are great for a middle school or through high school d$35.24$39.25Save $4.01
- BUNDLE AND SAVE!! This winter bundle (144 pages, 7 products) is suitable for upper elementary through middle school. Students perform one of two plays, study sound, costume, tableau and stage properties all centered around winter. Plus: You receive a BONUS Costume Design lesson on holiday parade$20.00$27.25Save $7.25
- 20% OFF! This bundle of four drama lessons (135 pages) can help the busy teacher--two beginning play writing lessons on monologues, costume design for the Nutcracker Ballet and a lesson about A Christmas Story, the Broadway musical. Let me help you. Here's a quick description of each one:CHRISTMAS$14.40$18.00Save $3.60
- 20% OFF! Drama lessons with themes for each season during the school year--fall, winter and spring. Plus, there are lessons around Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day and Easter. Included are costume, stage props, playwriting, tableau, movement, sound$84.20$105.25Save $21.05
- BUNDLE! This particular bundle was created for an elementary vocal music teacher who requested it. Save up to 20% on bundles. YOU can do the same thing! Any two lessons can be bundled if you merely write me through my Questions/Answers page. Any grave level, any category, any lesson. THE PRICE$41.60$48.00Save $6.40
- 20% OFF! This bundle (111 pages) has EVERYTHING you need for teaching about drama using a Christmas or holiday theme. Study stage properties, costume design, tableau, sound effects and end it with a really fun two-day lesson on the beloved musical, A Christmas Story! And...….there's a BONUS LESSO$20.80$26.00Save $5.20
This two-day lesson on costume design is focused on the Nutcracker Ballet characters and gives the students an opportunity to be costume designers. The students learn about costume design, view a video clip of The Nutcracker Ballet and design costumes for themselves as if they were in ballet. Suitable for students in grades 3 to 7, the product is broken in to two class periods, although it could be used for a one day exploration of the subject.
The Teacher will need access to YouTube.com.
Students will learn about:
• The History of Costume Design
• The Rationale for Teaching Costume Design
• Costumes Notes for Students
• Materials List
• Sources & Video Link List
• A Warm-Up—Engaging and Creative
• Nutcracker Ballet Character List
• Costume Design Assignments (4)
Different from other Dramamommaspeaks costume assignments, this was created specifically for younger students. The models are larger and the questions are appropriate for younger thinkers. Older students may like the size of the templates as well.
Comprehensive? You bet. This is a guaranteed winner from an award-winning veteran drama teacher. Enjoy!
Do you follow me? If not I'd love it if you would!Follow me
Lin Manuel Miranda Biography (Format Two)
"WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS."
Sedna, an Inuit Tale
"This resource is a fantastic way to tie Social Studies into reading! Thank you!"
Costume Designs with Fairy Tales
"How interesting, informative, and creative. Thank you for creating this project. It will definitely be helpful."
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.