Also included in
- SAVE 30% !! Need something for distance learning? This GROWING bundle of 14 drama units (Costume Design, Stage Properties, Set Design), Broadway musical lessons (Dear Evan Hansen, Wicked, Hamilton and In the Heights) and radio plays (Invisible Man, Bow Wow Blues) were created for the Google ClassrPrice $83.00Original Price $116.75Save $33.75
- Save 20%! Here is a bundle (200 pages) of theater arts units created especially for the high school teacher for the week of a production. No more worrying about what your classes can study. These units are low in teacher to student contact (or they can be made so by the teacher). Theater classes caPrice $83.00Original Price $103.25Save $20.25
The two-day, thirty-five page Broadway musical lesson of Wicked is now created for the GOOGLE CLASSROOM! Wicked is an engaging, exciting and ever popular and Tony award musical and this lesson demonstrates that. This one or two-day lesson can stand alone or be combined with one of my Famous Artist biographies or other musical lessons.
In addition, a teacher could assign this lesson to students who are distance learning. #DistanceLearningTPT
The teacher will need access to the internet.
Need a quick emergency lesson plan? Or one for a substitute? Everything is provided for the busy teacher.
This Product includes:
- Letter to Teacher
- Warm Up--MY Version of a Popular Physical Warm Up
- Teacher's Script--what I say and how I say it!
- Photos from the Broadway Production
- Slides for Teacher to Use to Lecture
- Plot of the Musical
- History about the Origination of the Production
- Information concerning the composer, Steven Schwartz
- Information about the playwright, Winnie Holzman
- A Shortened Lesson on: What are the Tony Awards?
- Tony Awards it Received
- What are the Tony Awards
- New York City Map with Competing Theaters Labeled
- Student Note Page
- Teacher Note Page Key
- Quotes from the Musical--Good for Discussions and Assignments
- Extension Activities--One Pager Assignment, a Terrific Way to Secure the Learning and Enrich the Experience
- One Pager Templates
- Exit Slips for Daily Use
- Sources & Links to Film Clips from the Show
Comprehensive? You bet.
This is a unique, engaging product created by an award winning, veteran drama teacher of 38 years.
I am committed to keeping my products updated. This lesson was updated on April 3, 2022.
Do you follow me? If not I'd love it if you would! Follow me
Check out my other TPT products at:
Here's what reviewers have said of Dramamommaspeaks products:
"A resource that includes everything you need! Two-days of diving into the world of Tony Awards, students will love it. Brimming with fascinating trivia!"
"WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS!"
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.