Also included in
- 20% OFF! This bundle of four drama lessons (135 pages) can help the busy teacher--two beginning play writing lessons on monologues, costume design for the Nutcracker Ballet and a lesson about A Christmas Story, the Broadway musical. Let me help you. Here's a quick description of each one:CHRISTMAS$14.40$18.00Save $3.60
- 20% OFF! This BUNDLE contains FOUR different lessons about the Broadway musicals--Wicked, A Christmas Story, The Wiz and Spongebob Squarepants. Students will come away with more knowledge and a new appreciation of the awards and the origin of these Broadway musicals. These are great for the busy$21.60$30.50Save $8.90
- BUNDLE save 20%!! Here are 40 lessons (1,014 pages) and study guides focused on Tony Award winning Broadway musicals and famous theater artists through short biographies. Students study, research, synthesize and apply the information with opportunities for individual, distance and/or cooperative l$199.80$228.50Save $28.70
- 20% OFF! Drama lessons with themes for each season during the school year--fall, winter and spring. Plus, there are lessons around Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day and Easter. Included are costume, stage props, playwriting, tableau, movement, sound$84.20$105.25Save $21.05
- 20% OFF! This GROWING BUNDLE contains SEVENTEEN different lessons (475 pages) -- one the origin of the Tony Awards and thirteen concerning popular award-winning Broadway musicals. Students will come away with exceptional, broad knowledge and a new appreciation of the awards and the origin of these$102.40$140.50Save $38.10
- A smaller bundle for those that need it. (Musicals A to L) 20% OFF! This BUNDLE contains nine different lessons (325 pages) concerning popular award-winning Broadway musicals. Students will come away with exceptional, broad knowledge and a new appreciation of the awards and the origin of these Br$66.00$82.50Save $16.50
- 20% OFF! This bundle (111 pages) has EVERYTHING you need for teaching about drama using a Christmas or holiday theme. Study stage properties, costume design, tableau, sound effects and end it with a really fun two-day lesson on the beloved musical, A Christmas Story! And...….there's a BONUS LESSO$20.80$26.00Save $5.20
One of the most beloved holiday films of the season is now a Broadway musical! A Christmas Story the Musical is an engaging, heartwarming, funny musical and this lesson demonstrates that. This two or three-day lesson and study guide can stand alone or be combined with one of my Famous Artist biographies or other Page to Stage musical lessons.
The teacher will need access to YouTube.com.
Need a quick emergency lesson plan? Or one for a substitute? Everything is provided for the busy teacher.
This Product includes:
- Letter to Teacher
- Two Warm Ups--MY Version of Popular Exercises
- Teacher's Script--what I say and how I say it!
- Photos of the Production
- Separate File of Slides for Teacher to Use to Lecture
- Plot of the Musical
- History about the Origination of the Production
- Information concerning the composer, Pasek and Paul (who also co-wrote Dear Evan Hansen)
- History about the Film and Musical Helping One Another
- A Shortened Lesson on : What are the Tony Awards?
- Tony Awards it Received
- What are the Tony Awards
- New York City Map with Competing Theatres Labeled
- Student Note Page
- Teacher Note Page Key
- Quotes from the Musical--Good for Discussions and Assignments
- Extension Activities--Five different activities, individual and group
- Sources & Links to Film Clips from the Show
Comprehensive? You bet.
This is a unique, engaging product created by an award winning, veteran drama teacher of 38 years.
Check out my other TPT products at:
Here's what reviewers have said of Dramamommaspeaks products:
This is an incredibly well done, unique product. I love that your resources are always SO comprehensive and no- prep. The kids will have a lot of fun with this one!"
"WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS!"
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.