NOT JUST A BUNCH OF RANDOM DRAMA GAMES! This curriculum aligned Introduction to Drama unit has 6 x 50 minute detailed lesson plans (can be easily taught in double periods) to give students a solid start in their drama studies. The unit can also be used as a refresher to go back and cement foundation drama skills. It covers some basic and necessary drama techniques for successful study in drama. NO PREPARATION REQUIRED! Everything you need is contained in this resource.
This unit does include drama games but it is not a collection of random drama games thrown together to make a unit - it is a considered collection of drama games and curriculum aligned learning activities sequenced to teach foundation drama skills. The lessons include short homework tasks.
Note on timing: you may like to take some of the activities slower than indicated. I have jam packed the unit on purpose (with options for extension activities) so you have plenty of options for dynamic classes.
- 6 x 50 minute lessons (can be taught as double periods)
- Simple and short homework tasks
- Improvised Scenes Poster (also available individually through Drama Trunk here
- Scene Starter Drama Cards (to cut out and use)
- Additional and Extension Activities
KEY VOCABULARY: Tableaux (still image), Freeze Frame, Drama Cannon, Narrator, Thought Tracking, Improvisation, Drama Games, Cooperation, Respect, Accepting, Offer, Blocking, Endowing, Building, Scene
UNIT AIMS: Students are introduced to and explore basic drama techniques and games.
- Students are introduced to and explore the drama techniques of freeze frame, tableaux, thought tracking, drama cannons and using narration
- Students are introduced to and explore improvisation through improvisational drama games and activities teaching accepting, offering, blocking, building and endowing
- Students use freeze frames to depict personal stories
- Students will demonstrate literacy in drama vocabulary
LOOKING FOR MORE DRAMA RESOURCES?
DRAMA GAMES: Drama Trunk has free collections of drama games and activities available to download.
DRAMA CARDS: Never be stuck for a drama activity again with Drama Trunk Drama Cards.
DRAMA TRUNK DRAMA CARDS ARE A DRAMA TEACHER'S BEST FRIEND! Just print, laminate (optional) and cut out a set of versatile drama cards that you can use over and over again. I cannot count how many times and ways I have used drama cards – absolutely my most handy drama resource.
Use DRAMA TRUNK drama cards for tons of creative, fun, imaginative, any day activities, including:
• Drama games (including last minute activities)
• Warm ups
• Team building and cooperation activities
• Improvisation / quick thinking
• Audition / rehearsal activities
• Language activities
• Guided learning
• Listening skills
Combine the use of multiple cards for even more activities, challenges and ideas (you will have a HUGE amount of drama activities ready to go when needed).
******** DRAMA CARD BUNDLE ********
The following 17 DRAMA TRUNK drama card sets are available individually or as a CLASSIC BUNDLED PACK
******** EVEN MORE DRAMA CARDS ********
CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING CARDS AVAILABLE INDIVIDUALLY (NOT PART OF A BUNDLE) AT MY STORE:
FORBIDDEN WORD SCENES
THEATRE / THEATER STYLES
+ MORE AVAILABLE
Stay tuned to my page DRAMA TRUNK
for more fantastic drama resources (coming soon) – from drama activities and classes for little people; primary school level drama; secondary curriculum, added drama cards and more...
Please note that this product is for personal classroom or home school use by a single purchaser only. You may not distribute, copy or modify this product other than for your own personal, non-commercial classroom use.
©2016 Drama Trunk. All rights reserved.