Drama Unit | The Theater Producer High School Level
Also included in
- 20% OFF! Here is EVERYTHING you need: 5 TO 6 WEEK'S worth of engaging, unique and creative units about technical theater (and then some) -costume, set, stage properties, sound design, the producer and set designer Ming Cho Lee biography. Wow! Purchasing this bundle you virtually receive a unit forPrice $32.54Original Price $46.49Save $13.95
- Save 20%! Here is a bundle (560 pages) of theater lessons and units created especially for high school. Theater classes can be more than scenes, improvisation and monologues. There are more than enough lessons here to study in high school, especially for second semester beginning theater students--Price $108.84Original Price $155.49Save $46.65
- BUNDLE! This particular bundle was created for a high school teacher who requested it. Save up to 20% on this bundle, depending upon the number of products you choose. YOU can do the same thing! Any two lessons can be bundled if you merely write me through my Questions/Answers page. Any grave levPrice $108.00Original Price $128.24Save $20.24
- 20% Discount! If you love Once on this Island, Choreographer Camille A. Brown and want to teach about producing a musical, then this is the bundle for you! These lessons will fill over a week's worth of learning for your drama/theater class, Language Arts, music or gifted/talented. HOW DO I USE THPrice $11.20Original Price $14.00Save $2.80
This 7 day unit about the theater producer is suitable for high school students and perhaps gifted middle graders. Students read a play or musical, choose a theater scenario, study the responsibilities of a theater producer, examine style, metaphor, create and set up a budget/income for their production and finish with sharing their ideas on a concept board. Through this unit, students develop a keen eye for what it takes to be a producer and critique their peer's work as well.
In addition, a teacher could assign this unit to students who are distance learning. #DistanceLearningTPT
The product includes:
- Warm-Up Exercise
- The Rationale Teaching the Unit
- Teacher Script to Introduce the Unit --what I say and how I say it!
- Quora article with quetions to anwer
- Blog Post about Broadway Tricks of the Trade
- How to Use Metaphor in Design
- Questions to Consider when Producing a Production
- Procedure for Each Day
- Photocopying List
- Musical and Play List Titles of Most Popular Productions in High Schools
- Three Theater Scenarios for the Students to Choose From
- List of Publishing Companies of Plays and Musicals
- Sources & Live Video links list including clip suggestions
- Two Assignments--one a short essay and another creating a concept board
- Assignment Rubric
- Peer evaluation activity
HOW DO I USE THIS IN MY CLASSROOM? This unit could be part of a semester long study of theater (using my other technical theater units), studied alone or given to a home-bound student.
Comprehensive? You bet. Created by an award winning drama teacher of thirty-eight years. Enjoy!
For more Dramamommaspeaks Products: Dramamommaspeaks Store
Here are a few review of other Dramamommaspeaks products:
"Great resource! I love things that adapt Greek myths. This is a very thoroughly planned lesson that students will love."
"Excellent product! Nicely formatted and provides an effective tool for expanding student knowledge and comprehension regarding a renowned theater artist."
Costume Design High School Level
"I just love how much you included in this resource. It’s easy to follow and a creative way to teach costume design in drama classes. Thank you so much!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
Here are a few products you may be interested in:
Bundle Theater Artists Biographies