This product consists of a number of activities. It begins with a dramatic script about rocks.
The script covers
* the classification of rocks
* how the different types of rocks are formed
* Rock characters talking about themselves to the children
The characters are:
* Father Rock * Bobby * Charlie * Nora * Sedimentary Rock * Igneous Rock * Metamorphic Rock. * Limestone * Coal * granite * Basalt
* Obsidian * Marble.
Costume for each student is representative of the Rock Character they play.
The script is followed by pointer content of what students should learn from the script.
Other activities for the students include:
* Describing various rocks mentioned in the script..
* Doing research and writing description of rocks not mentioned in the script.
* Writing essay on ' The Importance of Rocks.'
* Observing, researching and writing names of rocks given in pictures.
* Collecting , labelling and mounting a Rock Collection Corner
* Rock Craft - collecting and doing creative paintings on rocks for a 'Rock Craft Center.
' Tips for doing rock craft is given.
* Rock experiment - testing for fizzing and non-fizzing rocks. Do documentation
on why rocks fizz or not fizz.
*Do research and write a paragraph on : What are Minerals.
* A twelve question assessment om what has been learnt about rocks.
The product is a manual for each student.
Material is suited for grades 4,5,6. It could be used as revision for grade 7.