This guide takes the guesswork out of teaching dramas and plays in the elementary classroom! It is very simple to use, and is perfect for getting your students to think critically about dramas and plays in a creative, unique way!
Included in the lesson guide:
• “Elements of a Drama” anchor chart topper
• 30 Vocabulary Cards, 2 versions (with and without definitions – 60 total)
• Detailed lesson plans
• Dramatic version of “The Tortoise and the Hare”
• Venn diagram to compare/contrast drama and fairy tale version of “The Tortoise and the Hare”
• Graphic organizer to chart elements of a drama
• Script template for students to write their own drama
The hardest thing for my students to understand about dramas were the elements of a play. I decided that the best way to help them understand the terminology after my mini-lessons on dramas was to have them write and perform a play!
Check out the preview for a better look at what comes in the guide!
Please leave feedback and let me know how the guide worked for you (you will also earn TPT credits that are like free money to use on future purchases!). I love getting new ideas!!! Follow me for updates to the bundle and to my store!
Here are some other genre activities and guides that I have available in my store:
Love that Dog Poetry Resource Guide
Mystery Genre Novel Study Bundle
Memoirs with Patricia Polacco
Procedural Text Unit with Cook-a-Doodle-Doo
Poetry in Music Lyrics - with BONUS materials for Shel Silverstein, The Road Not Taken, & more!
Teaching Biographies/Autobiographies with American Heroes and Pumpkins!
Fairy Tales and Fractured Fairy Tales
Hop on over to my blog for FREEBIES!