PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Use these ideas and printables to turn your dramatic center into an animal shelter or pet shelter with this set of fun printables. This set will provide plenty of opportunities for developmentally appropriate, play-based, and hands-on learning for you preschool and pre-k classroom. Kids will have fun and will learn the importance of animal shelters in our community. This resource is perfect for a pet theme, community theme, or animal theme unit or lesson plans. You will love all of the literacy opportunities that the set will provide.
The following are included:
- Printable bunting (full color and b & w options)
- Printable logos to use on uniforms, etc.
- Role name tags
- Role description pages (can be made into an animal shelter book)
- Large word cards (match the early childhood word wall cards)
- Small word cards
- Animal tags for collars (full color logo and blank b & w)
- Animal name cards
- Animal posters
- Dog food and cat food labels (full color and b&w)
- Medicine labels (full color and b & w)
- Shampoo labels (full color and b & w)
- Adoption interest forms
- Animal intake forms
- Open and closed signs
- Hours sign
- Donation signs
- Play area sign
- Employee and volunteer schedules
- Plus...ideas for materials and props to add to your animal shelter center
Your students will have so much fun with this set!
There are many opportunities for early literacy learning:
- Kids can fill out an animal intake form for each new animal in the shelter.
- Adoptive pet parents can fill out an interest form to indicate which animal they want to adopt.
- Kids can make collars for the animals (this is also a great fine motor activity!)
- Kids can make name cards for each animal's cage or bed.
- Kids can make posters for each animal to hang around the room.
- Word cards can be used in your writing center
- Easy-to-read printable signs can be used throughout the dramatic play center