PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Use these ideas and printables to turn your dramatic center into an entomology lab or insects & bug research center with this set of fun printables. This set of dramatic play printables will provide plenty of opportunities for developmentally appropriate, play-based, and hands-on learning for you preschool and pre-k classroom. Combine science, STEM, STEAM, math, and literacy learning opportunities. This resource is perfect for an insects & bugs theme, outdoor theme, camping theme, spring theme, gardening theme unit and lesson plans.
The following are included:
- Printable bunting (full color and b & w options)
- Printable logos for uniforms, etc.
- name tags/id cards
- Large word cards
- Small word cards/labels
- Open and closed signs
- Hours sign
- Lab schedules
- Station signs
- Measuring strips
- Sorting and graphing mats
- Insect photographs
- Parts of an insect diagrams
- Insect collection kit labels
- Design a habitat sheets
- Design a bug sheets
- Observation sheets
- Insect report sheets
- An Entomologist printable book - introduce the term entomologist to your kids.
- Bee, ladybug, monarch life cycle charts
Your students will have so much fun with this set!
There are many opportunities for early literacy learning:
- Fill out schedules
- Record data and observations
- Design bugs and habitats
- Read a book about entomologists
- Word cards can be used in the writing center and throughout the center
There are many opportunities for math learning:
- Measure insects with a measuring strip
- Weigh insects
- Sorting and graphing mats provide open-ended sorting opportunities