Don’t be confused by the title! While this product aims to fill the gap in easy no prep articulation resources at the sentence level...
words, phrases AND short stories are also covered in this flexible product. Your student’s job is to either drill words - say phrases - make funny sentences - think of a short story OR all of the above (using the words listed) THEN draw it on the background scenes.
Your student’s are going to love thinking up and drawing
“The monkey is shaking the raccoon” (for /k/ medial practice),
“The sheep is fishing with a toothbrush” (for a mixture of /sh/ initial, medial, final targets)
or “The crab crashed into the crayon” for some specific /kr/ blend support.
The essential information is this:
• 12 sounds are targeted (S, Z, SH, F, V, TH, K, G, CH, J, R, L) plus R-Blends, S-Blends and L-Blends.
• Each page has 63 words - a wordlist for the sounds broken down by initial (21 words), medial (21 words) and final position (21 words). I have chosen 14 nouns and 7 verbs for each of these so that you can push your students to make sound-loaded sentences and stories.
• There are a total of 36 different background scenes to draw on, which is equal to two pages per sound HOWEVER to get more practice and use out of the product it is easy to cut the word lists/backgrounds scenes apart and ‘mix and match’ so that you are not limited to the drawing scenes.
• A ‘speech sentences at home’ and ‘speech stories at home’ sheets are provided. It helps to write down the students phrases, sentences or stories for maximum practice in session so that they can finish drawing at home for homework (otherwise the drawing component might take too much time). To not create misleading page numbers in this product, only two sheets have been created, but it is highly recommended to print a ton of these and use for each accompanying sound.
• This whole set is in blackline to save on ink and no assembly is required. Just print, grab your pencils and you are set for therapy!
Have you read my blog post on this yet? It really show cases the versatility and expands on the ideas, so have a look to get a better feel: My 3 Step Plan to Working on Articulation at the Sentence to Story Level
There are so many levels of complexity that you can introduce for that higher sentence level practice
such as having the child use 4 target words in their sentence, using an initial-medial-and final word in a loaded sentence, setting group challenges for who can make the silliest/funniest/best sentence using a set number of words… so don’t feel that this is a one activity resource. I always encourage flexible thinking in the resources that I create.
What people are saying about this product
"These pages are so creative and different from my other artic materials."
"Love how you connect what was done in therapy to homework they can do later."
"Love these. So easy to use. Everything is at my finger tips."
"I love that you've included so many different sounds which makes this wonderful to use with groups of students working on mixed sounds."
I really love hearing your feedback
so let me know how you find using this product. I welcome funny sentence shares, constructive feedback and any other tips that could make this product better.
Draw Me series
• Draw Me Basic Concepts Mini Books
☀ Follow Me ☀ Visit my Blog
see me on Pinterest