Draw & Write Using Prompts is a drawing and writing literacy center activity, using how to draw, and writing prompts, to help students get ideas for their writing.
Teachers Creative Tools
Draw & Write Using Prompts will spark students creative imagination to draw about things they know. Students create a drawing with the help of the how to drawing page which will help them to use these drawings to put their ideas into words, with the help of the writing prompt page. Drawings are used as a pre-writing warm up and will help students to get ideas for their writing. This packet includes:
- A planning page where the students can fill in the blanks to help
with their topic ideas, then transfer the writing to the published
- A How-To-Draw page where the students follow the directions to
make their character that they write about and then draw it on the
published primary writing paper.
- Lined primary writing page for publishing for each character.
- A student checklist to use during the writing process to make sure
their writing is complete.
- Students can use the How-To- Draw page in a literacy center to
create a cut and paste animal to use and show while reading their
story to their partner or their class.