This scarecrow drawing can include a lesson in foreground and background, and contrasting color. The nicest scarecrow drawing in the world can’t get appreciated if it blends in with the background. When choosing colors, students need to think about how to make their scarecrow stand out with colors that look really different from the field behind it.
• Scarecrow PDF tutorial
• Drawing or marker paper
• Markers or crayons (I used Mr. Sketch)
Prep: Print tutorial for each student.
1. Draw guide lines on paper or fold in half to make creases.
2. Students follow the tutorial to draw the scarecrow in pencil.
3. The scarecrow is traced with a black marker.
4. The scarecrow is colored carefully with markers.