Do you wish there was an easier way to draw a large symmetrical star? Your wish is granted!
Give your students 3 shiny new strategies for drawing a large star that will take the fear out of drawing.
This is a lesson on how to draw a star that gives some unique strategies for spacing the star tips. This will help those students (and adults) that are intimidated by trying to draw a large symmetrical star. Using circles and a ruler and the sheets I’ve included will make drawing a star a breeze!
Not only that, students can also practice time-telling skills and /or geometry skills with the use of a circle protractor. I’ve made 3 different strategies for spacing the tips of the star. Choose the one that is best for you, or show students all 3 and let them choose.
• Draw a star using 2 circles visualizing the head, hands and feet of the star.
• Draw a star using the minutes of a clock to evenly space the points on 2 circles.
• Draw a star using a circle protractor to evenly space the points on 2 circles.
• Telling Time
What you get:
• Table of Contents (great as a reference)- 1 page
• Instruction Sheets for Teachers - 3 pages
• Handouts for Students - 6 pages
• PNG files of circle template and a clock face - 2 files
A total of 12 pages
DO NOT BUY THIS LESSON if you are going to purchase Op Art Stars & Stripes
DRAWING A STAR is already included in Op Art Stars & Stripes
See more Op Art Lessons.
Thanks for visiting!