Also included in
- This High School Art Lesson bundle contains four lessons that focus on how to use positive and negative space in drawing and design, shading, mixing color, and drawing ellipses. Each lesson can be shared digitally with your students and contains either a PowerPoint or video demonstration, reference$23.00$27.00Save $4.00
- These two art lessons are good for high school or middle school art classes. They teach students how to draw and shade ellipses in perspective. The video demonstrations, presentations, handouts, and worksheets can be shared with your students via Google Classroom. The first cross contour project$10.00$12.00Save $2.00
- This bundle of high school art lessons includes a wide variety of materials to use in the high school art class. They can all be taught via distance learning or in the classroom. It comes with a suggested sequence for an Introduction to Art Curriculum with suggestions for modifying lessons accordi$150.00$192.25Save $42.25
- These ready-to-go middle or high school art lessons are all great for any beginner art class or introduction to art course and can be taught in the classroom, as a homeschool art curriculum, or via distance learning. These are all drawing and design lessons I use with my Fine Art 1 classes and can$65.00$86.00Save $21.00
- This bundle of middle or high school art lessons works great for distance learning or in class teaching. It contains all of the lessons in my shop as of 7/21/2020. All of my lessons are created so you can share them with students through Google Classroom. The presentations are all in a shareable$220.00$295.25Save $75.25
- This bundle of art lessons is great for middle school art classes or beginner high school art classes. They can be taught via distance learning or in the classroom. All of the lessons can be shared simply through Google Classroom or any digital platform you are using. I include teacher instructio$32.00$39.00Save $7.00
This ellipse drawing art lesson is great for any middle or high school art class. It can be shared digitally with your students and is great for distance learning, as a homeschool art project, or as an in-class art lesson. It uses watercolor, felt tip marker, and paint marker, or gel pens. However, the materials used can be modified based on your classroom needs.
The PDF handout contains links to a video demonstration outlining the drawing process. Students can simply scan the QR code to see the step-by-step drawing tutorial and learn how to complete the assignment from any device at any time quickly and easily. You don't have to waste time repeating the instructions when students are out or you are busy with other students.
Cross contour drawing helps students understand the volume of an object. Students learn how to draw ellipses properly in perspective. The video tutorial explains how to draw the images from start to finish and students can see the entire drawing process unfold in 8 just minutes. They use an analogous color scheme to tone their paper in watercolor and use a sharpie or felt tip marker to draw the still life of cups from their reference images.
Included in this lesson is:
- a handout explaining how ellipses are drawn in perspective
- a worksheet to practice drawing ellipses using cross contour line.
- an instructional video that shows step by step how to complete a cross contour line study of cups with multiple angles of ellipses.
- 20 reference photo images of cups arranged so multiple ellipses can be studied and drawn.
- teacher instructions and suggestions.
- rubrics for easy grading and evaluation.
Need an Easy to Follow Art Sub Plan?
The included worksheets work great as sub plans, early finisher assignments, for students on home instruction or in ISS. They are easy to follow and are easy for substitute teachers or self directed learning when the art teacher is unavailable.
All of my lessons can be shared with your students through Google Classroom or any digital platform and are formatted to work for distance learning or in the classroom. They are designed to save you time and help your students access the tutorials, presentations, videos, or worksheets as easily as possible. You can find more ready to go, easy to follow, timesaving art lessons in my TPT SHOP.
You may also like:
- Digital Portfolio for Student Artwork
- Middle or High School Art Project Bundle
- Beginner Line Drawing Art Project Bundle for Middle or High School
Having difficulty with a file?
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
• Click the green star to get email notifications about new resources & sales.
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page. Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment. You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!