Drawing and Shading Folded Paper - High School Art Project - Value
Also included in
- This High School Art Lesson bundle contains four lessons that focus on how to use positive and negative space in drawing and design, shading, mixing color, and drawing ellipses. Each lesson can be shared digitally with your students and contains either a PowerPoint or video demonstration, referencePrice $23.00Original Price $27.00Save $4.00
- This bundle of high school art lessons includes a wide variety of materials to use in the high school art class. They can all be taught via distance learning or in the classroom. It comes with a suggested sequence for an Introduction to Art Curriculum with suggestions for modifying lessons accordiPrice $150.00Original Price $201.75Save $51.75
- This high school drawing sequence is great for distance learning or working in the classroom. It breaks down shading and learning how to see and record value into small digestible parts. It is perfect for beginners with any level of interest. It begins with quick simple worksheets that get studenPrice $28.00Original Price $36.00Save $8.00
- These ready-to-go art lessons are a great addition to any middle school art or high school art curriculum. These drawing and design lessons can be modified or adapted for a variety of different levels of art abilities.. They are great for beginner, intermediate, or advanced artists and can be taugPrice $65.00Original Price $86.00Save $21.00
- This high school art curriculum bundle contains everything you need to teach your beginner through advanced high school art classes. All of the lessons are ready to go and easy to follow. The slideshows, videos, and worksheets are easy for students to access and they love being able to refer bacPrice $220.00Original Price $295.75Save $75.75
- This Beginner Drawing Visual Art Curriculum is perfect for any Introduction to Art or Art 1 Class. It is excellent for middle or high school art classes or your homeschool art curriculum. It will save you tons of time and contains everything you need to teach your students the fundamentals of artPrice $130.00Original Price $167.00Save $37.00
- This high school art lesson mega bundle was created by customer request. It contains EVERYTHING in my store as of 9/9/2022 . Everything you need to teach any beginner through advanced middle or high school art class is all here and ready to go. Enhance your art curriculum and save time creating sPrice $375.00Original Price $470.25Save $95.25
This art lesson is great for middle or high school art classes. It can be shared digitally with your students and is great for distance learning or as an in class project. Everything you need to teach your students how to draw and shade is included. I usually do this project following these VALUE AND SHADING WORKSHEETS, so students have some previous experience with value and shading. This project is a great confidence booster and skill builder that never disappoints.
- A presentation to show your students that explains how to draw with an awareness of positive and negative space and how to create the illusion of form by using shading to define the edges. There is a PowerPoint and Google Slides version of this included for easy uploading or in classroom use.
- An edited video demonstration that shows students how to set up page and complete the drawing. It is sped up and cut so students see the drawing unfold from start to finish. In the video, I include important things to look for, and offer lots of tips and advice for creating a detailed drawing.
- A PDF handout that students can scan to quickly access presentation and video from their phones without having to upload them to Google Classroom.
- 3 Practice worksheets that break down positive and negative space and shading.
- 7 different reference images to draw from with instructions and guide marks.
- Instructions on how to split a PDF into separate pages.
- Teacher instructions and suggestions.
In this project, students learn how to look at both positive and negative spaces when drawing. They build up values slowly in layers by shading using graphite pencil. Using white objects and a white background students see how light creates shadow and shadow defines the form of the subject.
This project is good for any level student learning about drawing and shading. I include instructions to make the drawing 6x6 and rendered in graphite but it can be done in charcoal, or on black paper with white charcoal or in any medium you choose. The reference photos and worksheets are good to have on hand and the project can be modified according to student interest and ability levels.
Need an Easy to Follow Art Sub Plan?
The included worksheets work great as sub plans, early finisher assignments, for students on home instruction or in ISS. They are easy to follow with the linked videos and are easy for substitute teachers or self directed learning when the art teacher is unavailable.
All of my lessons can be shared with your students through Google Classroom or any digital platform and are formatted to work for distance learning or in the classroom. They are designed to save you time and help your students access the tutorials, presentations, videos, or worksheets as easily as possible. You can find more ready to go, easy to follow, timesaving art lessons in my TPT SHOP.
You may also like:
- Digital Portfolio for Student Artwork
- Middle or High School Art Project Bundle
- Beginner Line Drawing Art Project Bundle for Middle or High School
Having difficulty with a file?
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
• Click the green star to get email notifications about new resources & sales.
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page. Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment. You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!