Students will “Draw with Scissors” and create a collage inspired by artist Henri Matisse.
In this lesson, each student will:
• Learn about the life and artwork of artist Henri Matisse.
• Create a cutout collage inspired by Matisse’s' artwork.
• View and discuss examples of Henri Matisse’s collages and describe what they notice about the artist's work.
• Use a variety of art materials and papers to create an original collage.
• Respond to and analyze the work of their peers and discuss connections to their own work and the artwork of Henri Matisse.