Teach your students Area and Perimeter through creating their own Dream House!
This fantastic no-prep resource guides students through researching and designing their own dream house. Students are guided through the process of house design, configuring the location/size of each structure, determining the area and/or perimeter of each building, and calculating the construction costs while staying on budget.
- Construction Costs
- Step by Step Instructions
- 3 Extension Activities
- Research Notes Page
- Practice Design Page
- Dream House Layout Page (8.5x11)
- Dream House Layout Page w/Calculations (8.5x11)
- Dream House Layout Page (8.5x14)
- Dream House Layout Page w/Calculations (8.5x14)
- Dream House Layout Page (11x17)
- Dream House Layout Page w/Calculations (11x17)
- Project Example Photo
- Calculations Pages (2-pages)
- Evaluation Rubric
Project-Based Learning (PBL) is a student-centered pedagogy in which students are challenged to actively learn about a subject for an extended period of time. It is a form of active learning or inquiry-based learning. Project-Based Learning is in contrast to paper-based, rote memorization, or teacher-led instruction that presents established facts. Please be aware of what you are purchasing.
Thanks so much,
Your Feedback = Free Products
We love your feedback. After leaving feedback on one of our products, email us at CreativeLab25@gmail.com and we will send you any Creative Lab product for free (excludes bundles). We look forward to hearing from you!
Followers Get Premium Access
• Look for the green star next to our store logo at the top right corner of this page and click it to become a follower. This will allow you to be notified each time we debut a new product or freebie!
Tags: no prep, pal, project based learning, Dream House design, area, perimeter, mathematics, math