Take your Dream House project and ramp it up a notch! A staple experience of math classrooms across the country, this take on the Dream House project focuses on Area, Perimeter and Scale skills. Students are scaffolded conceptually and mathematically by the time they are asked to design their own Dream House!
In this product you will receive a 48 page PDF which includes:
3 different assignments, 1 project, and charts and necessary attachments.
- In “Apartment Renovation" students will familiarize themselves with architectural symbols, scale, area and perimeter calculations.
- In “Design a Kitchen” students will measure scale drawings and be introduced to some simpler building codes. They will conclude by drawing their own scale kitchen that meets code.
- In “New Home Builder” students will be asked to appraise the value of houses based on the square footage of their blueprints. They will use Nearby Home Sales to estimate the new home's worth!
- In "Dream House" students will put their practice to use by designing their own dream house. A number of handout resources make this more convenient.
You can download the preview to see pretty much everything!
This product is included in the following discounted bundles. SAVE $$$!
• Area & Perimeter
• 21st Century Math Projects -- All the Projects
Need an Entire Curriculum?
• 21st Century Pre-Algebra –- the Entire Curriculum
• 21st Century Geometry –- the Entire Curriculum
And join our community where I post ideas, anecdotes, elaborations & every once in a while I pass out TPT gift cards! And jokes! I do jokes too!
21st Century Math Projects Facebook Page