Make your own dreamcatcher using simple materials!
It is difficult to weave dreamcatchers in groups with many students. You will find that these instructions will give you an easy and effective way to make them, and it will be fun to create a dreamcatcher.
The students are easily engaged in this project and are excited about putting them up in their bedrooms. They are given the chance to develop their creativity and make their own decisions.
This is a great way to work on symmetry.
It is guaranteed fun!
-Grades 2 and up
-Grade 1 students can make them, but they will need some extra help with cutting.
-White photocopy sheets
(8.5 x 8.5 inches)
- Thick white cardboard (8.5 x 8.5 inches)
-12 round containers or plates
-Wool or twine Feathers
This document contains:
-Complete instructions to achieve the project with explanatory photos
-6 rings to inspire you
(it is possible to print the rings if your students are too young to do it themselves)
-1 information sheet about dreamcatchers
-1 sheet about ‘art appreciation’ for the students to complete
Takes about 4 periods.
Thank you for visiting my store !
I welcome feedback. Your comments can help me make my resources better for you.
In addition, when you give feedback, you receive TpT credits, which may be used to purchase any product at any store on the Teachers Pay Teachers website (subject to the site’s rules and regulations). You can learn more by clicking on the link below:
Click Provide Feedback to earn TpT credits.
Every $1 spent = 1 credit
50 credits = $2.50 off a purchase
You may :
• Use this item for your own personal use.
• Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
• Copy this item for use in your classroom by your students.
You may not:
• Give this item to others, including other teachers.
• Copy this item for use by others.
• Post this item on a website, including a personal website, classroom website, or district website.
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.