Dred Scott was an enslaved African American man in the United States who unsuccessfully sued for his freedom and that of his wife and their two daughters in the Dred Scott v. Sandford case of 1857, popularly known as the "Dred Scott case".
If you are looking for a student centered resource to help students learn and practice , ,, and more !
Use it within a Language Arts classroom or a Social Studies / U.S. History classroom. Very flexible and cross-curricular!
- Student instructions for using biographical notebooking pages
- Suggested research questions
- Student notebooking pages (Includes covers, KWL, reference recording, report writing, and more)
- Teacher pages (Instructions, assignment, evaluation)
- Rosa Parks - U.S. History Notebooking Project
- Abigail Adams - U.S. History Notebooking Project
- Harriet Tubman - U.S. History Notebooking Project
- 11 Famous Colonial Women of Early America - Biography Unit
- 10 Famous African Americans - Biographical Research & Report Unit